JOB TITLE: CNC MACHINIST - EXPERIENCED
Pike Arms Inc.®, a manufacturer of firearms and accessories for the shooting, hunting, military and law enforcement industries, currently has an immediate opening for a CNC Machinist to join our team at its Bonners Ferry, ID facility.
Pike Arms is a small company with ample room for personal as well as financial growth for the right applicant. Our production facility is located in Northern Idaho in the heart of America's recreation paradise. Candidates that enjoy outdoor activities such as camping, shooting, boating, fishing and hunting will appreciate being able to live in area known for its sportsman's activities. The rural setting provides a lower cost of living in a more traditional small town environment that includes minimal crime, excellent public schools and postcard mountain scenery.
Applicants for this position must possess ALL of the following personal attributes:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to work any shift (First 7AM to 3:30PM, Second 3PM to 11:30PM).
- Be able to understand, read and write English.
- Be able to perform fundamental math calculations.
- Be a U.S. citizen without any felony convictions.
- Be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Be tobacco free.
- Be able to work with others in a team setting.
- Have a verifiable good attendance and good safety record.
- Have good housekeeping and organizational skills.
- Have the ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Operate and set up CNC Lathes, CNC mills and wire EDM machines
- Complete set-up's to include download CNC programs, select and prepare tooling, conduct first part inspection, and make required offset changes to complete set-up.
- Validate that set-up machine is producing quality parts that meet specification.
- Operate multiple machines with typical tasks such as load & unload, visual inspection, measurement of parts to insure conformance, make necessary adjustments such as tooling and offset changes when required.
- Be responsible for overall quality level and production output of assigned machines.
- Ability to read, understand and modify G-Code machine instructions.
- Ability to use various precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to perform QA/QC functions on production parts.
- Working knowledge of blueprint/schematic reading.
- Working knowledge of machine capabilities and processes.
- Working skill to perform precise and detailed work.
This is NOT an entry level / "On The Job Training" position. However, experienced candidates that are close to meeting the required Professional Qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Pike Arms Inc.® will provide the successful applicant with a locally competitive starting salary of $15 to $17.20 / hr salary based on experience as well as medical insurance at 25/75 and paid vacations and paid holidays in accordance with company policy.
No telephone inquires will be accepted. Qualified candidates that are ready for a career and lifestyle change should personally forward their resume with salary history and requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 208-267-1597. NO AGENCY REFERRALS WILL BE ACCEPTED. All inquires will be held in confidence.
Pike Arms Inc.® will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.